Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a fiber-optic front sight to my 5" STI 40 cal. (I have the SDM Super Sight - green - on my S&W 610 and would like the "look" to be similar)

Looking for recommendations - want to send the slide and have it installed by the maker/supplier.

Mikey

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey Mikey,

I got a Dawson Precision fiber optic front site for my STI Trojan. I sent the slide to Dawson and abouot 8 days later it came back with the sight. I'm very happy with it. It is bright and durable.

I've also seen the Brazos custom sight and they look good too.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Bob's sight looks GREAT on my Kimber. I had him put one on the CST, green rod. Very bright. He also sent rods in green, red, and yellow. These are a couple inches long so if I need another or want to change color, just go for it.

Excellent service and good price. Bob, you da Man.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I recently had a Brazos fiber front sight put on my Bilby SV 10mm (I damaged the original).

It is a GREAT sight. I only used it in four matches after its return, but was really impressed. It gathers a ton of light but has a nice support in the middle. As a nice bonus some additional rod was supplied as part of the package price. Best of all turn around was much faster than most of my IPSC buddies are finding with other 'smiths.

Brent

·
Registered
580 Posts
Question of Ignorance.
Do you guys feel you're able to "use" a fiber optic front for 'precision" shots, i.e.
able to use the top of post when desirable?

TIA

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you sight in correctly and concentrate on the correct sight picture, you can make just as accurate a shot with a fiber-optic sight as any other. For me, the fiber-optic sight is just for quick sight acquisition and as a "pointer" for very close quick shots. I still aim just like I always did.

Bob did the fiber-optic install on my STI slide in record time and was a true professional in every respect! The sight looks great and I can't wait to try it out. I HIGHLY recommend Brazos Custom!

Mikey

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
...like havin a lil' guy on the end of the gun sayin''"pull trigger now" when you get 'em just right...Best thing I've added to any gun in a long time...Helps my "old eyes"...The fibre from Brazos almost glows; It's that bright...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.