Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone usuing these on a carry gun.
I like the way they pick up and wonder about the durrability.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: harley45 on 2001-07-30 10:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
934 Posts
Fiber optics are very commonly used in bowhunting sights and durability has not proven to be an issue there. While bow sights don't have to deal with the recoil factor, I can assure you that they are as roughly treated as a firearm in the hunting fields.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Only problem I see is that eventually the fiber optic rod will break and fall out of the sight. It's easily replacable, but I hate to be looking for it in a high stress situation and not be able to find it. It's happened to me in competition, and it creates a confused hesitation that would not be a good thing in real life. (as compared to the game)
Just an opinion, and I'm no expert. Came to me the second time mine fell out :smile:

Dave

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I guess if you don't change them regularly anything could happen...I change mine everytime I clean the pistol...Just maintenance, like everything else...I can barely get mine out with tiny needle-nose pliers and usually drive it out with a tiny pin...Guess all sights aren't created the same :wink:

The fibre from Brazos is incredibly bright and he has the correct sizes. I'm not sure how many sizes there are, but I think he sells at least two....060 and .090? Not sure on that...Check with him at:

http://www.brazoscustom.com/

They are incredibly bright...

...no matter where ya' go

...there ya' are...

...BanZai from the 8th

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gyp_c2 on 2001-07-30 23:23 ]</font>

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't have a fiberoptic on my carry gun, yet. However, I have had ProSights, which sports a fiber optic front sight, (see below) on my STI 9x19 and on a Glock 34 for 2-3 years.

In combination, I have worn those 2 guns in Kydex belt holsters for 100's of hours. I have probably made a total of 15,000-20,000 presentations with them.

Below is a link for pictures of the sights.
http://www.pistolsmith.com/viewtopic.ph ... 12&forum=8

Further info on ProSights can be foundtacticalshooting.com
Regards,
Howard Benz
Memphis

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: benzh on 2001-09-29 10:18 ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.