Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted the final updates on the website for anyone interested. It's been a great ride, and I've really enjoyed having all of you join me in my little adventure. Thanks for all the e-mails and fedback.

http://www.roderuscustom.tzo.com

PROGRESS / OCT 24 / DETAILS

Take care, and God bless.........

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've enjoyed your updates, and my favorite part has been the smokin' deals you've found in home tooling. I was almost ready to bite it for a Marking Methods etcher, but will likely get the Jantz unit you used. Saved me again! Did Jantz do the photo stencil for you?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually Hilton....the unit is "complete" in every sense right out of the box. They even give you some stencil paper that you can use to make your own stencils. The paper only lasts for a 1 shot deal but it works pretty good. You need an old style typewriter or a dot matrix printer to create your stencil (laser printer or bubble jet will not work).....I played with making some etchings on old scraps of metal until I knew how long and what setting to use to get the desired effect.......but decided to get a professional quality "Photo Stencil" with my name / log on it.......figured I can make all the little cheesy one time use ones I need but wanted at least 1 good set for marking my frames.

The package includes contact info and an order form for a company in California that makes the stencils (Not Jantz) They did a great job on the stencil and it is well worth the money. They sent a 4" by 4" sheet of stencils. Since my logo is very small they just filled the page with em. Each one will last for about 30 marks so I'm set for life.

Glad you enjoyed the site.....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Randall.....I'll be doing some pretty intense range work next weekend. I plan to put 500 rounds through each one and I'll let you know how they do. I also have a trip to Thunder Ranch coming up in Jan or Feb so that will be another good test. I ordered a custom made double rig to carry them in.....It's really an awsome design. I'll post a picture of it when it gets here (should be about 2 more weeks til it arrives). Glad you guys like the site.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My hat is off to you. I visited your web sight and I must say you have cast iron balls. I have always wanted to do what you have been able to do, but for one reason or another {wife} have not. But I must say I am again beginning to get the fever. congratulations and looking to your next project.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
On 2001-10-26 16:06, Shane Kropf wrote:
I laughed, I cried....one of the best roller coaster thrill rides of the year! Two thumbs up! :smile:
...My partner there said it nicely! Great idea and VERY well done!!!

Enjoyed it tottally! BOL,... and do some more!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.