Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does breaking the top edge of the firing pin hole with a round file help feeding?Does it actually do anything to keep the cartridge casing from hanging up?Is this a common practice among pistol-smiths?Is this something that should be included in so-called "Reliability Packages"?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yes, you can even use a pocket knife in a pinch to chamfer the edge. BTW, glad to see your not using profanity today. :0) GTO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks GTO.Sorry about the profanity.I did like you said and washed my fingers out with soap.Boy that stuff burns when your not use to it.Again I'm sorry.I'll try to remember to use words like darn and heck. :grin:

By the way.I'm not sure where how you came up with your handle but the fastest completely stock car I have ever driven was my friends maroon 1970 GTO Judge.Totally mint condition.Wonder what thing is going for today?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mr SHOKz, "Dad-burnit" and "golly-gee" will do, I'm partial to "Gee- beave".

Yes, I had some 60's rag top GTO's when I was younger, nothing like having your foot down on a 389 tri-power thats set up right.

good luck with your hole. GT:0)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.