Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just found the gun i have been looking for to use as my shooter,a used 1911 bright stainless mark IV series 80, but had some parts i want to change... (i have one NIB i inherited that came the way i like it.. but i don't want to shoot it due to value)
can anyone point me in a direction, as to where to get colt parts (or better ones?) like a steel trigger, bright stainless slide catch and thumb saftey..this model has matte stainless slide catch and thumb safety and a plastic trigger.. :sad:
why would anyone put a plastic trigger on a colt.. i hear all of you talking about videcki triggers, anyone have links to where i can get these parts.
also how difficult is switching a trigger, am i better off going to a gunsmith being completely void of any mechanical capability myself..
thanks..
Bob

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
You could also get out the dremel :eek: and some jewellers' rouge and put a polish to your existing matte finished slide stop and thumb safety.

As far as the trigger goes, this will involve a complete detail disassembly of your gun. If you know how to do this (and get it back together :wink: ) you should have no problem fitting a new trigger yourself. It will usually require some fitting of the trigger pad top and bottom (where it contacts the frame).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shane Kropf on 2001-05-17 20:04 ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.