Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a thumb safety coming for my HP.How easy is it to fit them to the Hi Power? I have done a few 1911`s .Are the Hi Power safetys as easy as the 1911`s to install?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hello, .38 Super Combat Commander and thanks for the kind words.
I am certainly no "guru," perhaps a "clown prince"? (No, I gave that title away to a newer member of this board whom I can assure you can be as funny as a paid comedian.

Seriously, I just tinker about and leave the serious stuff to the gunsmiths, but I figured that if I could see how to do it and understand the instructions, you'd likely have zero problems.

Best.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I saw that! Do I have to call him "soup" too? Hahahahah

That safty your not using wouldn't happen to be a silver one would it? I do like the 1911 style safty and Tommarow I'll be shooting my new Practical! GTO

·
Registered
56 Posts
You will love the C&S safety. I assure you that it will not take more than an hour or two at the most to install. They come with a white or yellow mark on the one area that you will have to possibly file on to fit it. The only other area of concern that is not mentioned in the C&S instructions is the cross bar itself. Sometimes the diameters don't quite match up. If this happens, just wrap a piece of 500-600gr sand paper around it and rotate it around a little. Test again and repeat as needed. Watch out for the detent plunger. They are not pinned in as they are on the factory safety. This makes for a much more distinct lockup but the price to pay is having it shoot across the room if you aren't paying attention.
Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts