Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of the "Smiths", tell me if there is a functional reason that Kahr does not make a flushplate magazine for the P-9? I asked Frank Harris about this, and he replied that I could purchase the magazine base lock for the MK-9 and install it on my P-9 magazine. However, if I did this, I believe the magazine would still extend 3/8" below the bottom of the grip. I have small hands, and can employ a 3 finger grip on a P-9 magazine without the extension. This would greatly enhance the carry attributes of my P-9. However, for some reason, Kahr does not offer a magazine for the P-9 in this mode. Suggestions???

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yup... I complained about this last year to Frank...

On the upside, he did listen, and consider other suggestions I made (although I am sure others made them too :wink: ) They are planning a 'Covert' Polymer, ala SMA and the 40 is out now...

The MK bases would not give you much, but they would only hang about .2-.3 below... Still... They NEED to make some completely flush!

I am also not impressed with the Mag design, as they will pop the top round out if stuffed in the pocket loose. Just never could understand why the top round would follow the profile and be parallel with the Mag's lips, but all the other rounds below it lay 'flatter'

Anyway... Maybe Mec-Gar will make some Aftermarket's, and of course... Wilson has their Kahr Special Edition.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just received an E-Mail from Frank Harris @ Kahr. He stated that he agrees with me and they may be offering a flush floorplate magazine in one of the two magazines in the P series shortly. We'll see...."The squeaky wheel, gets the grease!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.