Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not the OLD one that many may be familiar with. This is a virtual clone of a MKIII with firing pin safety, right down to the white 'bar' sights and ambi-safeties. The only outright differences I can see are that it has a large ring hammer, and a serrated sight plane as on a Gold Cup.

The 'pricey' dealer in town has it for $374, so I'm curious as to what a good deal may really be. Oh, any overall impressions you may have as to its quality, or lack thereof.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've seen these in 3 different places around town here in OKC. They were all within 5 bucks of the price you gave, so I guess that must be about the going rate.

From what I've heard these are licensed copies of the FN, and the only difference between them is that the BHP/FN is more finely finished. The FMs I've seen had a less attractive blueing than the BHP and some machine marks on the slide. They also much larger slide markings than the BHP. The "FM Argentina, etc..." on the slide is big and doesn't look as nice to me as the small lettering on the FN type.I'm sure they're probably just as good or close to as good as the FN guns. I bought a BHP because I'm going to have some custom work done and use it for carry, but if I was just getting one for plinking or range shooting I'd save the $200 and go for the FM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the older model FM Hi Power.

Try checking cruffler.com for more information. In their monthly gun test archive they have a test on the new series FM Argentenian Hi Powers. They tested a Deluxe, Standard and Detective model and gave them favorable reviews.

I personally like the looks of my older model with the small stampings on the slide instead of the bold model # stamp on the newer versions.

Good Shooting
RED

G

·
I paid $210 for my FM about 10 years ago and so maybe prices have gone up. For the price you are talking I would shop for a good used Browning as I am sure they are better weapons. Regards, Richard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.