Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been approached about trading my complete 1956 Colt frame for a new Essex Frame. I want to know if an enhanced Essex frame will mate with my complete 1943 Remington Rand Slide and how much smithing should i expect to have to do? What would you recomend? I am interested in a reliable shooter capable of handling Plus P loads.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well, I will buy you a new Essez frame and throw in some other parts too for that 1953 frame as long as it is stock..

I have a 1952 .45 slide that needs a frame to sit on :smile:

Really, email me---I am sure we can work something out that will be beneficial for the both of us.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My initial post on another site was to obtain input about whether I should keep my Colt 56 frame and Rem Rand upper intact or attempt to change out one or the other. The reply offered to swap an Essex frame for mine. I want a shooter capable of firing Plus p or other hi-pressure lods and be able to upgrade with aftermarket parts down the line. i know that the 56 has value to someone in unaltered condition and I am soliciting your advice.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Although I believe the Colt can handle the pressure of +P rounds (if everything is set up properly), because of its possible future value, I'd get the Essex (don't trade away the Colt) or another frame instead.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I'm with Mute...just start from scratch with the Essex frame and slide and leave that old baby to rest...If you still wanna' shoot it, just shoot it as is...I wouldn't mess up a nice one just to make another shooter...Last I checked...they aren't makin' the old war heroes anymore...

PS...I'm jealous...congrats and welcome to the fray... :wink:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
You're kiddin'!!!
...not many of us left...geez...

..."we don't have to be mean"...

...remember Penny Pretty?

·
Registered
26 Posts
gyp_c2,

Actually, several years ago I would have sworn that I was working at Yo-Yo Dyne Industries- from the way that the place was run, not its product line...
I do remember Penny! And Perfect Tommy and Dr. Lizardo and...

Waldo1

·
Registered
239 Posts
Don't get the Essex frame. Keep your Colt frame, and buy a Caspian frame. The minor price difference will yield a huge jump in quality. Essex is the lowest rung on the ladder when it comes to aftermarket frames. Your Colt frame, if it's in spec, should handle most reasonable loads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.