Pistol Smith Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
300 gunsmith

I had Fred do some work on a Colt Python in 1977 0r 1978. The action was reworked and it was refinished in an "Armalloy" finish. What a great piece of work he turned out. I still own this Python and it really is a pleasure to shoot. Friends are always short on words after shooting it. I am now teaching my sons to appreciate a fine revolver with this same handgun. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fred Sadowski was a retired NYPD detective, I think! He did start 300 Gunsmithing & I read the article Elmer Keith wrote and sent Fred 2 revolvers for him to do for me! They came back GREAT. Never had a failure to fire; didn't use CCI primers, either. The revolvers are much more accurate than I am!! But I wouldn't take a "Gold Mule" for either one!

Glad to know about George Wessinger. He's about 3 hours away from me! 200 bucks is reasonable! Now the trouble is finding a Python!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fred Sadowski

Frederick A Sadowski passed away on March 1, 1987. I left 300 in June of 1987. 300 Gunsmith Service continued on for several years under new ownership, but failed eventually. Fred and I, along with several apprentices, did action work on numerious firearms, including S&W, Colt, Ruger, Dan Wesson, Charter Arms and many others. Not only did we do action work, we also did considerable rifle and shotgun work. We had an extensive article done in 1985 by Shooting Times.

Jim you did this Model 60 of mine "way back when". I requested you handle it after reading some article in some gun mag, likely G&A. It was and is the most marvelous revolver I have ever known. Had to "update" some bits because of, well, near 35 or more years as my constant companion (either primary or backup) but it is still a marvel. I've been wanting for years to have it retuned and I have my old Lightweight Commander I'd love to have "renewed", but I had completely lost track of you after you left 300. SO glad to "run into" you again.

my 60 by Jim Beach.jpg

21 - 25 of 25 Posts