Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fellow shooter has posted this problem on another fourm. No luck getting a working answer. He has Limited Nationals in less than a week (perfect timing). I think he has about 10,000 rounds through the gun. It is his main competition gun.

I had a strange jam in my Glock 21 tonight. Figured out that a round had slipped in front of the extractor instead of behind it and kept the slide from being closed. Extractor is fine (no chips or anything and good spring tension). The 21 has the newer angled cut ejection port and newer style extractor. Any ideas on the problem. Anyone experienced this before? Thanks in advance.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
373 Posts
The "Old Timers" I trained under in the early 80's would always tap the magazine to make sure that the bullets were properly seated in the mag, before stuffing them into the carriers. I still do it from habit, and have not seen that type of jam in my 21 - that has dozens of cases through it.

Maybe some real gunsmiths will have some ideas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.