Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering going to a G35, but now may stick with the G22, which I've been carrying a for awhile since I'm forbidden from carrying a 1911, and the G20/21 frame feels too large for my hands. So far, I haven't really shot it much, other than for qualification, so I took it out today. Started with a full dillon ammo bag of 40/180 FMJ 170pf loads and finished with an empty one (300-500 rounds?).

This gun has the standard 5# trigger, but with use, I'm disliking it less (love my 1911 triggers). One of my primary concerns with this gun was the muzzle flip. It seemed awful at first and was a concern for me. I'm less concerned now. I was able to get my split times down to a consistent .19 to .20, still getting my hits on a steel sillhouette at 10 yards. Not bad compared to consistent sub .15 splits with my SVI.

FWIW,

SF

"Freedom isn't free"

·
Registered
163 Posts
Aloha SF,

Yeah, I thought about going 357 at one point, but for my job now, I do carry a 30 daily, and a G-21 when I may need to be offensive :grin: The grip is a bit on the big side, but Ive gotten used to it to the point my other Glocks feel kinda small in my hand. I find I can control the G-21 just as well as the .40 Glocks I have. My timer says I have pretty much the same splits as with the .40, and my scores are the same. As a PD reserve, I still carry my 22/23 depending on the mission. I like the control I get with the Glock, and it did take some getting used to after being a sig guy for a while. We used to be able to go 1911, but I have to admit, admin was right. Too much liability. How many badges do you know only go once a year to the range. I know that anyone who is looking at this site is not a once a year shooter, so I dont think I offended anyone.

Just my thoughts.

Be safe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: In2Deep on 2001-10-13 02:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: In2Deep on 2001-10-13 02:45 ]</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.