Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first posting so sorry if I'm going over old ground here. I'm thinking about getting a G35 and also a drop in barrel in .357 Sig. Rather than learn about the pitfalls after I lay out the cash (like usual) I thought I'd ask a few questions.

1. Is EKF the only maker of a .357 barrel for the 35? Is this a good choice?

2. Is the .40 spring sufficient or will I need a replacement? Recommendations?

3. Any general experience with the model 35 or comments about the dual caliber idea in this model?

Many thanks for your time and experience.

G

·
Barsto also makes a .357 barrel for the G35 as an special order item.
I have one of their barrels and find it to be of very high quality.

The stock springs are fine in the G35 for .357 Sig factory loads, if you boost the power up using home made loads you should swap the springs for an XP recoil spring.

Speers 124gr GD load prints 1.3" @ 25 yards using the Barsto barrel in my G35 and Winchesters 125gr Ranger T load prints 1.7" @ 25 yards.

·
Registered
198 Posts
There is also KKM. A friend of mine uses A KKM in 9x19 and in 357 for his 35. He really likes them both and never had a problem with either. Don't have any groups for them, but off hand they are accurate and all shoot to the same point of aim.

You might want to check Fed.,Lonewolf and there is more I would guess out also.

Recoil spring is as noted (denoted) above.

sb

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
An EFK FIRE Dragon barrel in 357 sig blew up my glock 27 with factory ammo about 4 years ago. They never made it right. To hell with them. Get a KKM or Barsto.
PAT

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Ditto what PAT said. I had a 6" KKM barrel in .357 Sig for the Glock 35 I had and it was EXTREMELY accurate. A true tackdriver. It was slightly oversized and needed some fitting, however.

Bar-Sto is always a good choice, my Bar-Sto barreled Delta Elite is a sub-1" @ 25 yard gun. I'll need more accuracy than that sometime after pigs start to fly. :grin:

G

·
How much lead time/space do you need to hit one of those flying pigs with that Delta?.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-11-03 09:38 ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.