Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

SPRINGFIELD SCOPES

Springfield's "GET A $680 SCOPE, MOUNT & RINGS FOR ONLY $99" offer ENDED 9/30/01.

What Springfield Scope did you get?

Also how do you interpert this AD?

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Frank Sottile on 2001-10-11 23:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
60 Posts
While I did not get it through this particular offer, I bought a 2nd Gen. Govt Model 7.62mm 4-14x56 so I could check out their range finding reticle. I haven't had the opportunity to check its performance at extended ranges but it seems to be right on at 200 and 300 yds.

I think my Leupold Vari X III 3.5-10x50 is a brighter, better made scope, but the Springfield is definitely not, IMHO, a piece of junk as some people would have me believe.

·
Registered
378 Posts
No, it's not that much.
New dealer is around 300 IIRC, and I think that might be high.

It depends on what you're lookig for, the fixed 6 power would be good for a small-fast gun IMO, but if you're looking for a longer range gun, a variable 4-14 or similar seems a better choice to me.

Still, if you're gonna sell the mounts anyway, might try to sell teh scope too, turn somewhat of a profit on your 99$ investment.

(As I said, they had a deal last year, that a dealer got a free 6X with a purchase, and that's what I've played with, I have a 4-14 2nd gen on my Steyr SBS, and it's cool enough.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.