Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea why Glock 10 round magazines for .40 SW have such tight springs? Even with a loading tool, I usually can only get 9 rounds in them.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've got six of them, and I've had no problems. In fact, I changed the springs out for Wolff's, just to increase the tension. Wolff springs are 10% stronger.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Have had like problems with recent OEM 10 rnd. Glock mags in 9, .40 & .45. It took some of the 9mm ones months before the springs took a set. This is with them being left with as many rounds as they would hold when idle. The rounds don't even line up with the witness hols on 80% of the 9mm ones. Some of the .45's still accept only 9 rounds.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got the same problem. I don't think the Incredible Hulk could get 10 rounds in mine.
I wish someone would make a metal magazine
for Glocks. USA does, but I bought two of them and they both broke the first time I used them.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The very latest 10 rounders load easily to the full 10, and insert into the grip easily with the slide fwd fully loaded to 10 too. If you have them you will know; the difference is like night and day.

I've noticed they have a metal lining showing at the front of the mag, that might be a way to tell.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Also, on the newest one's, the follower is marked 40/10, instead of just 40. They insert quite easily, and almost always fall free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.