Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have any experience wearing this gun IWB? It's quite the little chunker, but the new chief back out on his promise for 1911's (for now, he can't make up his mind), so it's a Glock world for me. I've carried the G22 IWB for about two years now, but am new to the G21.

Any recommendations to a particular holster for it? I've used (and loved) Sparks stuff before, but am open to suggestions. Very interested in Lou's stuff, as well.

Eric

·
Registered
75 Posts
What are you looking for in a holster?

I know the Glocks are chunky but I've been carrying Rugers in Alessi's holsters and can say for certain that they make a large handgun practically disappear.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I'm looking for? Hmmm. I just really wanted anyone's opinions on who makes a good IWB to conceal this box of Wheaties pistol. I use currently a Sparks SS-2, for a Glock 22, but thought something with loops set front and rear of the gun might help with the thickness of the G21.

Are you carrying Ruger autos or revolvers in Lou's rig?

Eric

·
Registered
75 Posts
Both semi-auto and revolver actually! :smile:

I have Alessi Hideouts for my P95, GP100 and Kel-Tec P11. It's my favorite. I also have a Belt Slide Unit (pancake) for the GP100 and a Talon Plus, Pocket Holster & Ghost for the P11. For my money the design of the Hideout makes the gun just blend away into the curve of my hip. This is very similar to Milt Sparks Executives Companion (I think they are both based on an earlier design by Nelson.)

Now on the subject of holsters with offset loops, the Versa-Max II is the king. For lower priced alternatives consider the Watch Six and Watch Six-Dual Talon. Any of these will spread the loops out for thinness and broader support. The only drawback of the Watch Six design as far as I can tell is that the holster mouth is not reinforced and if you do a good bit of presentation drills / reholstering this may not be the ideal holster for you.

·
Registered
580 Posts
If you like Kydex have had excellent use & performance from David Elderton's
Ky-Tac "Braveheart" IWB for Glocks in general. Hand-made, formed & finished just as if it were from a Top-Notch leather Maker.
http://hometown.aol.com/kytac

·
Registered
693 Posts
Asked myself the same questions about a thin IWB and came up with the Alessi Watch Six Talon.

Why? Because it's thin horsehide with no reinforced mouth, which aids in thinness. Because I'm not LEO, but rather a private citizen, need for easy reholstering after draw is secondary for me to comfort and concealment. If I draw, it's for my life, not to reholster easily with one hand.

Hope I don't catch too much flack from the "ease of reholstering" group. This is just my personal thinking and if I'm wrong, that's what the forum is for (go easy on me guys)! :smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.