Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi: i will buy a 21C in the next few days. I am not a believer in the compensated models, minus in the Glock 21, wich is really a pussycat. I only shoot a Glock 32 C once, and like it, but only as a funny model. Let me clarify this. I really like the possibility of shoot a pistol without worry about the recoil, only pull the trigger. But i don't see much advancen in the 21 or in a 45 ACP pistol.
One of the things i really like about this, is that i can buy an aftermarket non compensated barrell and have the best of both worlds.
I read a lot against and in favor on the compensated models. Wich are your opinions about?
Also, wich are your opinions about the best holster for this gun? I was thinking about a Mitch Rosen Arg. I have a very short waistband, and the 21 is a big gun.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 20c in 10mm and I am convinced that the compensator models are worth it in the big bores! It shoots better than my .40SW guns do.

It's only drawback is the large grip. If you have smaller hands you will most likely not like it. The 21 uses the same frame and also is large.

The compensated models are great in my opinion and all drawbacks seem to be personal choices for others. The flash at night is not any worse (with most ammo) and as you said you can always buy a non-comp barrel if you want for carry/defense.

The only difference is you will have 2 non functional ports in the slide! To swap the barrels takes less than a minute and is very easy.

The ports are canted and it doesn't mess with the sites like verticle ports can, so Nightsites will stay clean.

I love my 20c and it has no negatives for me, but I'm sure others will have their opinion!! I also think the fact that it can use regular holsters and is not different in any other way from the non-comp models is a big plus. It is just a matter of preference!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jagster: thanks for the advice. I finally bought the 21 C, and i have to admit, i like it a lot. I only shoot 250 rounds with it, and that rounds were PMC 230 FMJ, not really good for measure the recoil (there very slow), but i can say that the gun perfomed without a flaw, ante the flash wasn't really a big deal. If you don't care for it, it doesn't matter.
In summ, i really like it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm glad you like it!!

I don't know if you know about it already but there is a site that is more geared for Glock owners and the info there is unbelievable.

It's= http://www.glocktalk.com

I like this site but Glocks don't get much attention here!!

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Hi Jagster and Die!
I have a G20c that I use for fugitive
recovery work(mainly for the capacity and
power of the cartridge), I also had Bar-Sto
make a match barrel and had it "hyper-ported"
by Leading Edge Tool(I normally would have
had Mag-Na-Port port it, but they won't do
a Bar-Sto barrel-bad blood I'd guess). I
am very happy tha MNP wouldn't touch it,
because Leading Edge did a fantastic job!
The G20c also sports a Harrts recoil reducer,
and has been upgraded to a third generation
frame(I had to turn in my Robar-stippled
frame for this one), and a Sure-Fire M111
Weaponlight. Right now it has Novak Ghost
Sights(tritium front)-mainly because I can
see more of a fugitive with them(I thought
that this would be a problem, but it's not)
so I'll be getting some Heinie's for it.
With this set-up, I can shoot hot Pro-Load
155 grainers all day one-handed(I do have
rather big hands), and the recoil is like
a plain 9mm. I work really well with the
recoil impulse of the 10mm, it's right back
on target, right away. Later guys!

·
Registered
10 Posts
M.Hall,

I love my 20c and can't believe people put down the 10mm. It's the only one with enough power to hunt with and the C-model shoots with recoil between a 9mm and .40SW.

Power and low recoil, what more is there?

Not to mention the versatility. Swap barrels and you have a .40 or .357sig.

I was wondering if you had a web link for Leading Edge Tool? I might like to check them out.

I was considering getting a 6" barrel for hunting and would like to get it ported. I have a lot better control with the compensator models. I also get back on target quicker and can shoot for a long time without discomfort.

Is the porting you had done like the stock porting that comes through the slide or is the barrel longer with ports in the end?

I wonder if you could have both done? Stock type and end porting?

I try to let people know that they (the c-models)are better, but they got poisoned buy early gun rag reports, just like the 10mm.

They seem to be written by 1911 fans who have the .45 is the only round that matters syndrome. I wonder if these old farts even give a new round a chance!!

The night flash is not any worse than stock and all the other conserns are pure fiction.

I think someone must have fired a hybrid or some exotic type to have even come up with some of these concerns.

I suppose the only concern I think might be valid is, a close to the body firing could hit you with hot gases if the port was canted twoard you. I suppose if the port shoots the blast at you it could cause a burn but the odds are low.

It's nice to know the 20 and 20c have some followers. If more people would give it a try I'm sure there would be more.

I think the grips are the catch and the .45 is very well established so it is hard to convince people to go 10mm.

If more people shot the 10mm we would have better ammo selection and cheaper prices. Thanks to the FBI, they screwed it when they tried to down load it.

I keep hearing rumors that Glock might discontinue the 10mm but I doubt it. Its the same frame as the 21 and I think the popularity is growing slowly and steadily. It would be a stupid move..

I haven't done any after market playing yet. I'm broke right now, but I have big plans for the future.

Sorry for babbling, I get bored and sometimes forget how much I've typed...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Jag,
Not sure LET has a site?
Only info have in notes is:

7135 Country Rd. 265
Palmyra, MO 63461
573/735-3700

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I have a 20C and agree with everything that has been posted here. Reliable, accurate, powerful and modest recoil. The porting does make it quite LOUD, though. I have a Glock factory 6" barrel that has been Mag-Na-Ported and they did a really good job.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the info guys!! :grin:

Maybe I will just do what Castle said he did and get a Glock 6" magna ported!!

I still wonder if you could get both the stock ports cut and end ports (like magna ports)?

It may be enough to just get the magna ports. The other may not be practical...but, I thought it would be cool!!! :cool:

Later Guys, Long Live The 10mm!! It's owner will!! :smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.