Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys is anybody here experience glock 22 malfunction causes full auto? my glock 22 1st time it was happen when i fire it become full auto, any body can share what it cause?

·
Registered
2 Posts
22 Full auto

jojo, you may also check you safety plunger...remove slide and do a check, pull striker lug back then push toward barrel. If you can push lug with out depressing plunger you have a problem internally

·
Registered
724 Posts
Why fight it? Buy a 75-round drum magazine and have a ball. Just don't get caught. That would be a bad thing. The BATmen are fascinated with unregistered machine pistols.

Seriously...Don't even load it again until it's fixed...even if you have to send it back to Glock with a note to go and shoot it and see what they think is wrong. If the wrong man hears it fire a 2-round burst, you could be in for a bad time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
guys is anybody here experience glock 22 malfunction causes full auto? my glock 22 1st time it was happen when i fire it become full auto, any body can share what it cause?
Yes, I actually do! :D

The trigger bar on your G-22 is occasionally NOT resetting. It is remaining in the downward position after the pistol discharges; and THIS is what's causing your Glock to go, 'full auto'.

THIS IS AN OUT-OF-SPEC CONNECTOR PROBLEM.

My suggestion would be for you to call Tech Support in Smyrna, tell them what's happening, give them: (1) The name, (2) certification number, and (3) address of a local certified Glock armorer in your area, (Which you will need to have in hand BEFORE you phone.) and ask for a free-of-charge, brand new connector to be sent to the armorer in order to ultimately be turned over to you.

This is how I would do it; ....... or you could always get a local certified armorer to make this necessary repair for you; but, now, the connector may, or may not, be free; and this route is sure to cost you money. (It pays to have friends who are certified armorers!) ;)

If it were my Glock I'd, also, request a, '3.5#' connector. In the meantime I suggest that you do NOT fire that G-22.

ADDENDUM: If you want to learn how to change a Glock connector for yourself, all you've got to do is go onto Ghost, Inc.'s website and read the well illustrated technical section. Here, I'll pull it up for you:

40 - GLOCK PISTOLS: EVO ELITE, ROCKET, TACTICAL AND ALL OTHER CONNECTORS INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts