Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered a Glock 29 as a trade for another pistol. I'm willing to trade for it, so it's not a question of $$$, but I've never fired or even held a G29. I am also a 10mm virgin, never having seen the need for anything beyond 9x19 and .45 ACP (although I recently became acquainted with the .40 S&W and, to my shame, like it). I have been thinking about getting a 10mm pistol of some type and this sounds like a decent one. I don't really want a G20, though. I'm not concerned about recoil in the pistol, either. I WOULD, however, like any and all comments, either positive or negative, that I can get on the pistol. Can anyone assist?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Harold
I have had my 29 for several years as a backup to my G-20. I have found it to be as accurate as the 20 and easier to carry. I added the Pierce grip adapter so it would fit my hand better. I think you would like it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I second the motion, everyone should have at least on 10mm, and the G-29 is a winner. See the post under 9x23 too! My favorite loads start with a 165 gr. Corbon to a 200 gr. at 1200 which duplicates the origional load. Big & heavy & fast .... :smile: Mike

·
Registered
91 Posts
As soon as my dealer could get a G29, I had one. I have no regrets. The G29 is a GREAT carry piece, easy to control with even the hottest of loads and quite accurate.

My recommendation, get it and be prepared to start thinning out your collection. Once you have a G29, your other carry guns will look less and less attractive!

The only drawback to the G29? It is not free!

Derek

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just got a G29. There is an important thread on http://www.glocktalk.com in the section labeled "The Ten Ring." Go the the thread started by "CastelBravo." There are several comments as to premature locking back of the slide.

I have had several such incidents with mine, all of which happened with a magazine which had the Pierce Grip Extension on it . I was using ProLoad's 180gr Qualifier ammo and their 135gr carry ammo. The slide would lock back with one round left in the magazine on every sequence in which I used that magazine. Today, I exchanged that mag for a new one without the grip extension and never had that problem occur.

Also, if you are old like I am and/or have a history of wrist injuries or arthritis or what have you, the recoil with those loads renders me prone to limp wristing as the pain in my wrist goes up, leading to failure to feed or failure to eject.

All in all, though, I really like the round; I'm sure I'll get this all straightened out and when I do, I'll never have to be concerned if I have enough "stopping power."

HTH, tony

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had G29 for about 6 years now and it's a constant carry gun. I replaced the guide rod the Wolff set up, with an Xtra power spring. It has tamed recoil but sacrificed functioning with recuded loads - full power loads continue to feed reliably. I like the grip extenstion on it, also. Some of my Hi cap mags don't always feed 100% through the gun, but I have so many of them I've never really figured out if it was a mag problem or a gun problem. I think it's the former, probably related to FML vs. NFML hi-caps.

It's really been a great gun for me.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.