Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
To which particular spring do you refer? The factory standard Glock trigger spring can, and probably has, failed in any Glock model one could name. That is why I always replace it with the NY1 spring. (and a 3.5 lb connector.)

G

·
The early model 30's had a defective guiderod that Glock replaced free of charge.
They also offer an factory upgrade to the new style extractor that eliminates the G21/G30 ammo problems.
Contact Glock warranty service to arrange the upgrades.

GLOCK Inc.
6000 Highlands Parkway
Smyrna, GA 30082
USA
Tel.: 770 - 432 1202
Fax.: 770 - 433 8719

·
Registered
7 Posts
The slide lock spring in mine broke. This is the small "L" shaped spring that holds the takedown levers in. During firing it broke and caused my slide to move forward on the frame by about 2 inches.

I called our local Glock rep who drove 3 hours to the department the next day (on a holiday weekend)and fixed it for free. He stated that he had never seen it happen before. I haven't had any problems since.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have owned my G30 for about 10 months and have probably put around 5 to 6 thousand rounds through it without any failures what so ever.. I liked it so much I bought another one for a backup... lol Safe shooting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have about 2 thousand rounds through my glock 30, and have never had it jam or a part break. it is my fav glock by far, i have had the 40 cals, and the 21, and this one is the glock for me.

i even went through police academy with my glock 30, just to see if it would stand up to the abuse. the only problem i had was a round that didn't go off due to a bad primer, this is obviously no the guns fault.

i was surprised at how well it shoots. it is much more acurrate than i am!!!!!

russel the cop

·
Registered
514 Posts
I heard Ted Yost at Gunsite had a G30 blow up with the first round of Federal factory ammo put through it. That should be easy to check out? But that's probably not what ya meant?

Any part can and will break on any gun. From what I hear from rental ranges, the Glocks hold up to lots of shootings as well/better than anything else in any caliber w minimal/fewer problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.