Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to put night sights on my G 30. I have Trijicons on my 26 but I'm thinking of maybe Heinie Straight 8, Novak or Wilson 463. What are you using and like best??

Thanks Brian

·
Registered
580 Posts
Use both Novak's "Carry" Bar-Dot Trit's. or their "Ghost Ring" {1/2 ring}. Like the Bar-Dot set-up much better than the 3-Dot, FWIW. http://www.novaksights.com

·
Registered
581 Posts
Heinie sights are the best by far for just about any semi auto pistol. Every Glock, 1911 and Steyr I own have them. I even went to the effort of welding up the rear blade of my Bo-Mar so I could match the Heinie sight picture.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
580 Posts
Tom, How on Earth did you install Heinie's on your Steyr's? If you milled the slide which model did you use?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I cut up the sights to match the Steyr dovetails. 1911 slant pro rear and a Novak .250 tall front sight. And it doesn’t look bad either. The rear of the sight blended nicely with the rear of the Steyr slide.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

G

·
I have Heinie Slant Pro 8's on all of my Glocks these days and I ahve grown to love them. I personally dislike the Novak Glock sight and I have tried the Ashleys and did not care for them.
IMO Heinie definitely makes the best Glock sight going.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I got some Ashley Big Dot tritiums in for T&E and put them on a friend's Glock 19 - I must say that it is FAST, but we haven't played with them enough to see what k8ind of precision we can get out of 'em.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Brian, I am new to this forum but will give you my $.0002 cents and hope it helps. I have a glock model 30 that has been my carry for the last two years. It has the MMC nite sites and I could not be happier. The sites are functional, asthetic, very easy to adjust all around they could be described as bomb-proof. Site acqusiton is fast and precise, they really seem to fit the model 30. My model 30 has truly been tested and when I replace the Trijicons on the Model 21 it will be with the MMC's. I will admit that the MMC's are not as bright as the trijicon's or my Wilson Combat nite sites, but I hear that MMC has resolved that issue. However; something can be said for not having extremely bright sites, the higher visibility of the Trijicons could be perceived as site picture for someone else in the middle of the nite. After reading the previous post I will agree on the previous post concerning the Heinie's. The Heinie's do work well on my Colt, but the MMC's do seem to conceal easier for me on the Glock 30. I hope this helps and good luck on you choice. Greysky

·
Registered
580 Posts
Tom, Thanks for the 1911 SlantPro tip on the Steyr. Did you shave the front sight &/or open up the rear notch? TIA

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have an MMC set on my M21, in the box-bar configuration, and Trijicons on my M30. I liked both when I carried those guns. My new carry gun is an HK, which wears Meprolights from the factory. I prefer the Tijicons over the Meprolights when considering brightness. I have not used Novaks in quite some time, and I have no experience with the Straight Eights. All are adequate. The decision is always a subjective one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SNAPCUT on 2001-06-04 15:53 ]</font>

·
Registered
373 Posts
Snapcut:

Funny that you should say that you prefer the Trijicons on the Model 30, because I prefer the Meprolights for two reasons: They tend to look to me to be a little "boxier", and therefore easier to pick up as a regular sight picture in the daytime; also because the front dot has clear sealant over the white epoxy in the front sight, and the Trijicons white epoxy around the tritium insert gets scratched off or discolored with daily carry.

I just had to replace a Trijicon front sight (with a Meprolight) in my G-19 that has been carried for only about 18 months because the white epoxy on the front sight got scrathced completely off on the right side of the tritium capsule, giving a loiusy sight picture. (The Meprolight front sight is properly regulated, and the gun now prints tighter groups.)

JMHO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts