Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What aftermarket or factory replacement barrel have you used? What is required to fit a drop in barrel, semi drop in barrel, or match barrel in a Glock? I have a 23 with a magna-ported and unported factory barrel and appears that no fitting was done. Both were installed at the factory.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Randall, Ive got a 35 with a KKM match stainless steel barrel. It was a completely drop in fit with no machining...very easy. I also put a captured, stock spring, tungsten guide rod in it.

The firearm perfoms quite nice, very accurate. However, the barrel requires serious cleaning if the ammo is not top notch.

Good luck,

James

·
Registered
10 Posts
Most Glock barrels are drop in but some say fitted, meaning they need to be fitted by a gunsmith or the seller. I believe Barsto barrels sell fitted and semidrop in.

I think semi means that they may need fitting if your slide is tighter than average.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A while back I went and ordered a Bar-sto semi fitted in 9x23 and it, in fact, did drop right in and shoots very good too. Would still like to know what is "fitted" on a non-drop in barrel...... Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Put a semi-drop in barrel in my G21 about 3 weeks ago. First 50 rounds needed a slight nudge a couple of times to go into battery. Cleaned it, lubed it, and has been perfect ever since.

·
Registered
69 Posts
KKM makes some decent drop-in barrels for Glocks. You can purchase em here at a decent price http://www.glockmeister.com

If you want "match-grade" you should send your slide to KKM and have them fit their barrel. I've also heard good things about Bar-Sto barrels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts