Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Glock 23 back from Dane Burns. He did a grip reduction and I like it.

The smaller grip really makes the gun fit my hand better. I can line up the slide with my forearm when I grip it and still reach the trigger comfortably. (I have wide hands but short fingers.)

Cost $170 including return overnight shipping (just sent the frame only). Took a couple of weeks. Dane was a pleasure to deal with. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonerguy on 2001-09-01 07:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Inspector....,

I'll have pics next week. Meantime, here's some pics from Dane's website:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonerguy on 2001-09-01 14:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonerguy on 2001-09-01 23:05 ]</font>

·
Registered
580 Posts
It looks a lot better than those other two Monkey & Football Jobs, too!

·
Registered
580 Posts
TG, Looks pretty good to me......But the proof's in the Pudding. Let us know how you like it's handling after you wring it out with a couple hundred rounds or so, will ya?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Topic revived from the dead!

Of these reductions, it looks like the ARS is the smallest circumference, but Dane's looks the nicest and second smallest circumference. Is that about right or are they all about the same? Dane's angle looks natural where the ARS seems a bit strange and I don't care much for that texture either.

Any reports on how these pistols have held up over time? Did the reduction caused any cracks or excessive wear in the grip area?

Glocks seem to point really high. Did all of these reductions "fix" this problem in Glocks?

·
Registered
164 Posts
That is usually why folks get "grip reductions", to make the weapon point a little more naturally without making a conscious effort to hold it down. I did it to all of mine except my G27 which points fine for me. Yours looks more like he just reduced the hump in the backstrap which doesn't really qualify as a grip reduction but I may be wrong. The ARS in the pic looks to me like the only one of the three that has truly had a full-scale grip reduction.
I've done quite a few here for people that have turned out pretty good, I guess. My pictures aren't quite as good but if you're interested, you can see a few different things that I have done here:
http://www.rosssportinggoods.com/612600.html

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
My original guns are going along just like the energizer bunnie....7 or 8 years old now and no replacements required.

The photos posted are not how I currently do the grip reductions BTW.

·
Registered
17 Posts
glock reduction

I had a customer with a small hand have a gl 26 done by robar, costs were about the same, he was able to improve his shooting and related the gun felt much better in his hands, :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.