Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've asked about this on another board, but not sure if I got a solution: I currently use a Glock 19 and like its simplicity.  But it comes up that the Glock has no manual safety and has a fairly light trigger. We are always warned to keep it in a holster that properly guards the trigger.  Everything goes fine until I imagine being WITHOUT the holster and imagine having to go through awkward conditions with a Glock, needing both hands free - like climbing a fence, or a slope where you need handholds. Whatever.  But, we are warned to not put the Glock in our pocket or waistband or pack. With other guns, you just flip a lever that secures the trigger, and carry it as you must.  But how do you carry the Glock safely through? L

·
Registered
579 Posts
You have two safe choices! First remove the magazine and clear the chamber after checking twice. Second, do the same, and pass it to a friend with you if possible.

I would NOT trust a device that is placed behind the trigger made for glocks. Just think SAFETY 100% on the time. Revolver's have the possibility of having a branch, et. catch on the trigger causing the gun to fire, and has been documented. Mike

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm with Buzz on the holster. I don't consider a G19 a pocket gun. If you want to put your G19 in a back pack, gym bag, etc., I would still have a holster and the gun in the holster even if it were not on my side.

·
Registered
262 Posts
On 2001-07-27 10:30, Robe wrote:
I'm with Buzz on the holster. I don't consider a G19 a pocket gun. If you want to put your G19 in a back pack, gym bag, etc., I would still have a holster and the gun in the holster even if it were not on my side.
Even in a backpack or fannypack, I'd still prefer to have the Glock in a holster of some sort. I love my Glocks, but I'm not letting them rattle around loose in anything -- pocket, waistband, purse or pack.

Chad

·
Registered
705 Posts
Guys,

I bought a leather case(FalGal) that looks like something you might carry a Palm Pilot PDA or cell phone in. I wear it in plain sight. Stopped by my local gun dealer (also a local deputy) to shoot the bull. He actually asked me what type of hand held computer I had in my case. I told him it was one made by Glock. He got it! Perfect for the 26 or 27! Sorry not for the 19!

Tim

·
Registered
580 Posts
Don't usually "pocket" CCW a small Glock {bulk & weight} unless in colder weather wearing heavy/thick jacket. Use an Alessi pocket holster then.
Personally don't feel uncomfortable CCW'ing Mexican a larger Glock if only running to the store, etc. However, there seems no reason to be without a decent IWB re, fences, etc. A Superbly practical, convieient, comfortable & extremely versatile IWB is Lou Alessi's "Hard-Shell Talon+". It's also how usually carry around the house, it's as safe as anything going, quickly unclipped and laid on the Loading bench, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pistolero on 2001-07-28 00:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should give a better example: I normally keep my 19 in a kydex IWB. But, say I hear something outside in the middle of the night. Rather than put the holster on, I take the gun out of the holster and go outside without the holster, and go out into the yard. There I am with a Glock without a holster. If it somehow turned into an emergency and I had to climb something, I'd need both hands. My question is whether there is some quick thing you can do to a Glock that makes it safe to shove in your pocket or whatever, during a sudden emergency when you need both hands free? Short of clearing the gun. (I couldn't think of anything so I bought a paddle holster for quick-on when you need it.) L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.