Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Why all the questions about pull weights?

·
Registered
707 Posts
The average was originally reported to be 4.5 lbs. total. "Total" as I wonder if the factory measured with the gage on the bottom of the trigger instead of the middle where most would put their finger. Nowadays 5.5 is more commonly mentioned.

NYPD went to 8, then 12 lbs using factory parts designed and made by Glock for the NYPD. The agency also allows its officers the option of 2 other makes, S&W and Ruger?. Or did when it finally started allowing pistols instead of revolvers.

Glocks used in competition are frequently changed to have 3.5 to 4 lbs. There is/was one aftermarket connector reputed to give a 2.5 lb pull.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have three glock .45 a 21-21c and a 30 i want to up grade the two 21s with ccf frames but thay dont make frames for glock .45 acp can any one tell me why this is cus i really love ccf frames

·
Registered
707 Posts
Welcome aboard Colin. Hope we can help you.

In the future help us all by only posting a question once on a board. Usually best to start a new thread like you did in Gun Talk.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone, anybody no what the average or prefered trigger pull is on a Glock? Thanks.
An old thread; but the question always comes up. What you're going to get is a range. On my (tuned) Glocks that range is between 4.9 and 5.2 #'s. On a factory-stock Glock I would expect 5.5 to 6 #'s.

What you shouldn't do with a Glock is to reduce the weight of the firing pin spring in order to achieve a, 'lighter' trigger pull. MIGHT be alright for a range gun; but, the safety and reliability of that weapon is going to be reduced. (Yes, I know 4# FP springs are being sold by several different aftermarket parts suppliers; still, I don't think it's a very good idea; and I'd never use one on any of my own Glocks.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts