Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, maybe, want to make the Kimber logo on my slide gold colored. What is the best way?
I saw the Lacquer Stick mentioned.
A Smith mentioned a wax based product.
What is the BEST way to do this?

Gun is now all stainless mix of brushed / semi polished. Black rubber Hogue with finger bumps.

Others suggested from Brownells:"Bonanza"

Would a gold trigger also be cool, or too much?

----------
2nd Ques: Ruger BearCat revolver: Would filling in the egraving on cylinder make the pistol look a lot better? What color?

·
Registered
130 Posts
The word TACKY comes to mind ,but that is my opinion,so no disrespect intended. It would make it look rather pimpish though :smile: ,if like that kind of thing go for it,hell you could even do the slide release,safety and hammer in gold for the complete affect :smile: .

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bonehead69 on 2001-10-18 05:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
7 Posts
This can be tastefully done without looking like a "pimp gun". I have done it to my Walther P88 using the lacquer stick. It looks very professional and factory.

Most all of my Walthers have the roll marks filled in with the white stick. It really sets them off, especially for photos and scanned images for the internet.

I'm doing my new Sig P225 this afternoon in silver. Not every roll mark on the pistol, just the "P225", "Made In Germany", and the proof mark.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As I suspected, the roll marks were not deep enough and were too fine to hold the lacquer stick.

While taking off the excess, most of what was in the roll marks came off too. I have a German '68 PPK that the roll marks were not deep enough. The same thing happened.

Oh well, there will be others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.