Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I am looking for input on some GOOD night sights for my Kimber Compact. I have been considering Wilson #463s, AO sight Systems' Big Dot Tritium Express,Heine,or Novak's. Anybody have any experience with these sights on this pistol?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mcgrubbs on 2001-09-04 08:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mcgrubbs on 2001-09-04 08:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've got a set of Novak's on my Custom Classic. The front insert has a nice white circle around it that's great when it's not dark enough to see the tritium glowing. I went with the horizontal tritium bar on the rear sight. I'm very pleased with these sights and I've used Meprolight and Trijicon for years. I'd recommend them.

·
Registered
274 Posts
My Classic Stainless wears Heinie Straight 8's. Would not have anything else.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the info guys. Keep it coming!

Also, John, Heinie does not have the Straight Eights for the Compact yet. Emailed yesterday, Sara Davis said it would be a littel while longer.

·
Registered
151 Posts
mcgrubbs

I have the Wilson 463's on my CQB and love them. A call to Wilson will determine if they have them to fit a Kimber Compact. The Ashley Big Dot sights are good for quick sight pick up but are not to good for accuracy work. I don't have any experience with the others.

Hey we are almost neighbors as I live in Hobbs.

Hope this helps your search.

Long live the 1911

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Duke,

We are practically neighbors. Too bad the Bulldogs had to wax the eagles last week.

Are you, or anybody else over there going to take this concealed carry class? Any instructors over there?

Everybody is bitching/griping about the rules. I looked them over, they aren't bad.
Today they dropped the written exam, and the scoring on actual shooting done!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
mcgrubbs

The only cerified instructor by DPS in Hobbs at this time is Shelby Lundsford. I don't think he has got his course up and running yet. As for New Mexico's CCW I am going to set it out untill the expected court challenge is settled.

DPS did their usual dip shit job on the regs. Their policies are not agreeable to the pro gun side or the anti gun side.

I will be surprised if any licenses get issued before 2003.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Duke on 2001-09-07 00:16 ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.