Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
My understanding is that SANDY GARRETT in Manassas is a 1911/Hi-Power smith with a good pedigree too. Tim Bacus has done a little work for me with sights on my guns. |I've always seen him at the NRA range in Fairfax. He's got a business card up on the board or the folks there can give you his number. Keith

·
Registered
15 Posts
Northern Virginia Gunworks in Springfield, VA. They built a 1911A1 for me that was great. After delivery they tweaked the gun a little at no additional charge. They are members of the American Pistolsmith Guild. Sandy and Robert Garrett are very nice people to deal with. They are in the phone book.

Cheers,
Damon

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Damon on 2002-01-01 20:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Damon on 2002-01-01 20:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wouldn't recommend Northern Virginia Gunworks. Robert Garrett gave me an unreliable trigger job and charged more money when I brought it back in to have it fixed and the problem still existed! I'll never deal with these folks again.

Ended up having Larry Wright fix the problem (sear was rough)- he charged me $35 to fix and documented problem he found.

I think Sandy Garrett had built up a good rep in the past but his son is not a topnotch gunsmith IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.