Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the color blue I like. If I could blue pistols like that, that's all I'd do...Pretty ain't it?

:wink:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup...that was what it was up to when I saw it...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's awful nice...I think they're just sniffing...It's the nicest 1911 I've ever seen a picture of though...that's the only reason I put it up...There are lots of better pistols around...Just how many with a 400 serial # from 1911?
In that condition?

I'd like to have two ...for the Last Man Standing look... :wink:

I don't know how much longer it'll be before they hit that price range for the average collector...I don't even care...I'd just like to have one that looks like that...and shoots like one that's been done by the resident greats...I guess that's a lot to ask...12K worth?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think I must be a heretic. Never mind being able to afford $12K, I just have never cared for those high polish blued 1911s.

Maybe, if they are nicely engraved and inlayed with gold, silver or what-have-you and wear ivory or carved silver grips, they make a pretty nice Texas Ranger's "Barbecue Gun".

So, now I will go back in my corner and say 50 'Hail John Moses Brownings' and beg forgiveness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.