Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John made this gun from the ground up especially for me! Being a woman I have small hands. In general I've had trouble finding a gun that suits me. This 1911 9mm has:

- slim-line grips
- low (left side only) thumb safety
- short STI CF trigger
- relieved grip near trigger
- raised grip especially around grip safety
- raised frontstrap under trigger-guard
- full length guide rod with mercury

Other features:

- matte-ing on mainspring housing, frontstrap and extended mag release button
- serrated top rear of slide
- front and rear cocking serrations
- french borders
- countersunk slide-stop pin
- TIG-ed and blended (seamless, looks like part of the frame) mag-well
- 'special' hammer/sear + action job
- everything fitted of course :smile: I look for lug bump but never find any when I take my gun apart
- Bomar adjustable rear sight with vertical tritium bar
- interference fitted dovetailed front site with tritium dot
- extended (forward) magazine base pads in case a mag needs to be scraped out using the mag-to-be-loaded :grin:

http://www.b16a.com/~izrafil/Yuwen9mm-800x600.jpg

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CastleBravo: My gun is all stainless. I've been toying with the idea of getting a demascus Caspian slide on my next gun cuz it looks cool. :smile:

EricO: Yeah, the TripleAught people are really nice. I couldn't make it to Blade Show West this weekend but will be checking out the BAKCA show next weekend in Palo Alto.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cocobolo on 2001-09-23 20:39 ]</font>

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Winston -

I got my gun as a gift from someone so I actually don't know how much it was. But I know it's worth every penny. :grin: John's been busy with the Valtros, but definitely give him a call to see what he can do for you. He's a really nice and stand-up guy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.