Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just had to trade my Beretta 92 FS off, some would ask why? Well the G22 is much lighter to carry for CCW than the Beretta for one thing and already owning the G35 it just seemed to be the right thing to do.

The G22 has been redone by Glock but still has the S.D.P.S. on the slide along with that states seal.

At any rate I am a real happy camper :smile:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Glad you're happy but I'd never have traded a spagetti pistol for a Glock. I've just seen too darn many of them for sale in the three hundred dollar range to go sinking any serious money (or guns) into them. I'm a big fan of Glock pistols but I don't pay full price for them anymore.

Enjoy your new iron.
Callahan

·
Registered
663 Posts
Good for you 10X! I own so many handguns I have lost count. Every time I try out a new gun and carry it CCW I always go back to the Glock 22. Just carried latest acquisition of Wilson CQB, guess what- went back to the 22. It just has the right weight/balance/capacity for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, I feel very strongly about the trade I made. Not only is it another Glock, same caliber and uses the same mags. But.... when carrying a side arm you train to feel. Your instincts must be clear...

Having the G22 and the G35 there is no room for mental confusion on the IPSC course of fire (fumbling for safeties) it is all second nature.

Today my brother and I go back up to the upper meadow where our range is set up.. a good session of "Drill and Taps" as I call it.

Barricades, Bowling Pins, IDPA Targets and the like.

Yes I made a wise choice to keep my guns Glock for a reason.... my own. :grin:

·
Registered
350 Posts
10X - more power to you brother. Here is my two cents though. If I had a G35 I would have added a G23 and then a G22 in the .40 line up. The G35 and G22 are very, very similiar. I'm not saying you don't need both, heck - I'm pretty sure we can agree that we both need two of each of them. But the 23 would offer a bit more diversity to the combo.

My favorite glocks, and I don't know why, are:
G19, G22, G21, G20, G29, G30

Enjoy yours.
Jake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.