Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my Pro Carry to the Kimber custom shop due to a jamming problem. It was jamming approx 1/4 from going into battery.

The custom shop said they were able to duplicate the problem and thus opened up the breach face and adjusted the extractor and slide stop.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is ment by opening up the breach face? They said it test fired just fine after that. Hopefully I'll take it to the range tonight and have the same results.

They were very quick with the turn around. I sent it in and five days later I have it back. The guys I talked to on the phone were very pleasant. I thought the service was pretty good.

·
Registered
103 Posts
No info is better than bad info...Sorry for the previous response.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JohnnyO on 2001-06-22 12:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
The breech face has nothing to do with the barrel. It is the slide that has a "breech face and the opened that up on the sides so the round could move under the extractor eisier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.