Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a follow up note to say hello to all and tell you a bit about myself. I live in South Florida, 44 year old civilian professional, been shooting since my early teens. My real interest of late has been competitive long range rifle shooting although I also enjoy shooting pistols. Teddy Jacobson and I must have been joined at the hip in some past life because we seem to own and favor the same handguns: #1) H&K P-7 #2) Glock 17, and #3) East German Makarov. I have owned my P-7 for 20+ years and it has never, ever done anything but digest every single round easily and delivered them into a very small hole downrange. I'm also very fond of the Browning High Power and the 1911s, although I agree with Teddy that most of them need work to be satisfactory. In revolvers I favor my S&W 442 or my 5" S&W 625. I'm intrigued by the 357 auto Cartridge, the 9x23mm, and the 10mm but for some reason the .40 "Short and Weak" has never excited me (yawn).
I look forward to joining in your discussions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome,Friar Tuck
------------------
I'm intrigued by the 357 auto Cartridge, the 9x23mm, and the 10mm but for some reason the .40 "Short and Weak" has never excited me (yawn).
------------------
I agree totally!! I am thinking of getting a .357sig barrel for my Glock 20c.
I also have a .40 and it shoots ok, but my 10mm shoots great!! The .40 is a step up from a 9mm (in my opinion) but the 10mm is where it's at. The .357sig sounds promising and I will have one someday.

Another good site that is more for glocks is: http://www.glocktalk.com They are really helpful there if you have questions about glocks. They have a lot more Glock traffic!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.