Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question for anyone who may know the answer.

Dane- Why a bull barrel on the grey ghost? Wouldn't a barrel and a bushing be a more lifetime gun? You can always replace bushings as they wear out but isn't there a point with a bull barrel that the slide or the barrel will wear out?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
The bull barrel will out last most shooters. The wear is actually spread over more area than the bushing set up.

You'll wear out the barrel I suspect long before the lockup is worth worrying about.

Tracy's gun has close to 15 K rounds through it and it will still shoot better than any one I have met can hold.

Why a bull barrel? The BBs are generally more accurate in the shooters hand than a bushing because of the longer lockup. And they are softer shooting. There is a reason IDPA does not allow that barrel style. It is a shooting advantage over a bushing gun.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two more questions. Is there any chance of the Bull barrel rule being changed?

Would you do a similar gun to this without the bull barrel and with a different base gun. Like an STI slide frame combination?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Two more questions. Is there any chance of the Bull barrel rule being changed?
Not likely...I can say almost 100% that it will never happen.

Would you do a similar gun to this without the bull barrel and with a different base gun.
I build all kinds of stuff...it only takes time and money. "Similar" guns abound. Many have been seen here on the forum :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-09-19 13:08 ]</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.