Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a pair of thin Navridex grips for my HP. Fit seems to be good, but I've noticed that even after tightening them down as far as they will go, the grip screws do not fit flush with the panels. The heads stick out just a hair. Is this normal? I don't know if it's the screw itself, or maybe the screw head is a little thick. Can someone help me out???

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hello. I'm not familar with the stocks you mention, but if they are really thin, they may not have been able to recess the screw hole enough to let the screw head be flush or recessed and still have any strength in the stock below. The threaded screw holes in the HP frame do go all the way through so the screw will go in until stopped by the stock.
It could (likely) be that if the stocks are thin, the stock is purposely dimensioned as it is to keep the end of the screw from going through the frame and interferring with the magazine.

Best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.