Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the process of checkering a mainspring housing/backstrap today and while I was "on my way" there (taking some steel off to reduce overall grip girth), I decided to experiment a bit with the extra metal I was removing. I wound up kinda liking the looks of this, wondered if anybody else though there was any potential. It does not offer as much stickshun as sharp checkering, and, yes, it could be done the other way (90 degrees rotated). Next time I'm doing this I'll try it again only deeper with the verticals and/or double the frequency. It lends itself to being carried up onto the hump on the grip safety too.

G

·
It certainly show promise, how does it feel under torque/load when tiwisting on the pistol while in a locked grip?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I think I know where David was going with his question, because I thought the exact same thing when I saw the pic. Initially, it looks really good, but I think that it could actually hurt you :eek: if one were to try to yank your gun away from you.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It must look more aggressive in the pic than what it really was, because aggressive it was not. maybe even not aggressive enough. And anyway, it dang well ought to hurt when somebody tries to yank your rod out of your hand! I am being tongue-in-cheek here, not defensive. No little tongue-in-cheek icon available so we'll have to make do with :wink: .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.