Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,393 Posts
Do I understand the question? Are you asking if it's OK for a child to have a loaded weapon in the public school system? A child who has most likely had no formal weapons training ? A child who is likely to use his weapon as fast as his mouth, because he hasn't matured and is apt to make rash and immature choices?

Sure, let 'em take guns to school. Are you insane? No wonder the government wants to take guns away, if we are so pro-gun that we say that ANYBODY should have one. A bit of common sense here, guys.

OK WAIT - I have edited this, now that I see where this post is going. I am now assuming you mean an ADULT. Yes, all for it - no problem - sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shane45-1911 on 2001-03-29 20:08 ]</font>

· Registered
1,393 Posts
On 2001-03-29 20:24, Tommy.Gun wrote:
No guys! You think I'm nuts,,here:well I can't find the link but Texas now allows teachers and such to carry in the schools if they have a ccw..,,good !!
Yes, I now understand that you meant ADULTS and not children. I am all for this if the adult is legally entitled to own and carry.

· Registered
1,393 Posts
Hey gyp-c,

The dang "reply with quote" feature does not appear to be working !???

Anyway, a few years back, some nut went berserk at a Mcdonalds and killed 3 people and wounded a few more. A few more years ago, a student went berserk in Montreal, killing some nursing students at the university.

Yeah, it happens up here too - the problem (IMHO) is Canadians don't even know what CCW is.

How's that for telling the international criminal element to "come to Canada - nobody is armed !" Absolute BS, the whole situation. How many statistics have to be shown before the government realizes that an armed civilian population has a LOWER per capita instance of crime?

As I may have mentioned over on "that other forum", Canadian Federal Customs Agents just recently received the "priveledge" to carry off-duty. More BS - the "priveledge" to defend myself, my family and others in harm's way? Hardly a priveledge.

We got it tough up here. Remember your Canadian friends when we need your help to stop the government from taking all our guns away. (We've got squat in our constitution about the right to keep and bear...)

· Registered
1,393 Posts
ddifabio,
Well spoken words. We need more people like you to take the time to explain to less than receptive ears, about the positive side of responsible gun ownership. Especially if those ears aren't even on your native soil.

I make it a point to teach as many kids as I come into contact with about the "choice" to own a gun, and the responsibility that comes with that choice. A gun is a tool, no more or less dangerous than a hammer or a baseball bat. It is the holder of that tool that decides what that tool will be used for. I have taken "non-gun" neighbours' kids shooting with me. The parents see a new light (ocassionally) when guns are portrayed in a positive, safe, fun way. It just takes a bit of time and education. Our range has several "junior" clubs. Some of these kids have never even held a gun, let alone fired one. They are brought by grandparents, or friends, or open-minded "non-gun" parents. The range is involved with several charities, and raise money periodically with pin-shoots and other "informal" fun shooting activities. The community needs to know that we are not criminals, just because we own the criminals' tool of choice.

Anyway, this is getting way off topic of this thread, but David, you have nailed it on the head by stating that education is the biggest pro-gun endorsement possible. Our future, and our rights, lay in the hands of the next generation. Teach them well, and teach them often. And tell them to vote when they grow up, dammit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shane45-1911 on 2001-04-02 23:00 ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.