Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some Gunsite Low Mount Safeties, does anybody know where I can get some? I understant that Gunsite is no longer making them and neither they or Brownells have any on hand any more. I need a hand full (blue or stainless) to finish some projects.

What about other makers of Low Mount Safeties? Any reccomendations? I do not like the fit and feel of the Spec-Tec version.

Didn't Detonics make Low Mounts they put on their Scoremasters?

Appreciat it-Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
McNabb,

I feel your pain. I just sent my last one out for fitting on a Gunsite Marksman. The person who owns the mold has a problem with Gunsite an won't allow them to make anymore. A few suggestions.

First, if you can find out who owns the mold maybe he can have a new batch made.

Second, maybe one of the smiths can make some. I e-mailed EGW and Mr. Smith said he could do it but it would be expensive. Another smith that has done this is Chuck Rogers is Prescott Arizona. Pictures of the one he has done are here http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhot ... 897685&f=0 . His phone# is 928-775-4964.

If you need quantity to keep the cost down let me know. I would purchase a supply for myself. Please let me know how you make out. My e-mail is in my profile.

Mike Peckerman
973-898-1742

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.