Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
I finally broke down and called Dane to inquire about the GWH holster. I wanted one for a Commander lenght slide for my Wilson Stealth that is my main CCW piece. I also wanted the belt loop set up for a 1.25" belt that I usually wear with work/dress cloths. I was in luck, ....Dane had one in stock. PayPal is a wonderful thing, and my holster was one the way.

I have carried this particular pistol in a GALCO ROYAL GUARD for over 5 years, and been very happy with it. I still would recommend that holster for anyone who couldn't get their hands on a GWH, because all indications are that it is the BEST IWB holster, for me, that I have found. I have worn it around town, a limited time on the range, in the field working at the farm getting ready for hunting season, and the comfort, retention, and speed of presentation is fantastic. The GWH does not move at all once you tighten your belt, which means it better be comfortable, or you are in pain all day because you can't "shift it around" to find a more comfy position. Well, its great right where it is at for me. I'm convinced that with holsters, especially IWB holsters, you have to find one that suits your body and your gun. The GWH does it for me. It is now on my short list of IWB's that I'll recommend for others to try first.

Well done Dane and Mr. Alessi,

Will Fennell
Camillus Cutlery
http://www.camillusknives.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Will Fennell on 2001-08-27 21:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Will,

Thanks very much for the comments. Lou does the best he can with my design. It doesn't work for everyone but I sure like it :smile:

I mailed a bunch of them out last weekend. I hope everyone is as pleased as you are!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yup, got my GHW and mag pouch yesterday. I'm very pleased. The quality of workmanship and attention to detail is top-notch. I'd compare the GWH very favorably to my Sparks Executive Companion (my all time favorite holster). The GWH sits very deep in the waistband, just the way I like it. The belt tunnel is well designed and, most important, discreet. Seems to be pretty dang comfortable, too. I'll have to wear it all day for a couple of days before I can say for sure, though.

All in all, I'm quite pleased. Nice job Dane & Lou.

Chad

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chad Ward on 2001-08-28 14:36 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.