Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen any of Jim Grovers "Combatives" or the "Situational Self-Offense" tapes?

If so, did you find them worthwhile?

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good enough for me :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JM on 2001-11-19 16:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
420 Posts
Does "Jim" currently instruct at any schools?

What's his background?

·
Registered
270 Posts
From what I have read, "Jim Grover" is actually just an alias he works under. Used to be a spec ops type guy. Apparently he doesn't want everyone and their dog knowing who he is.

Haven't ever read/heard anything bad about him.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Go to the paladin-press website, it tells who he really is. Watch FOX News or MSNBC, he's the guy always on when they need an expert on terrorism. I've got all his videos on order (except the shooting, thats next, maybe), should be here this week, but some people I really respect have had great things to say about them.

My $.02

Eric

G

·
You guys are pretty good.

The team at crucible are
John Hannon, Kelly Mcann, and J.C.Stradley.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-11-28 06:01 ]</font>

·
Registered
45 Posts
On 2001-11-27 19:41, emclain wrote:
Go to the paladin-press website, it tells who he really is. Watch FOX News or MSNBC, he's the guy always on when they need an expert on terrorism. I've got all his videos on order (except the shooting, thats next, maybe), should be here this week, but some people I really respect have had great things to say about them.

My $.02

Eric
Eric, please give us a review of the tapes when you get a moment!
Thanks
Howard

·
Registered
95 Posts
Will do, it'll be a couple of days for a good review, but for now...they're awesome! Worth every penny! Oh, that police department DT instructors would teach this to their departments. Well, maybe someday...

Eric

·
Registered
29 Posts
I thought i recognized him on FOX! I met him several years ago in Atlantic City. He was doing some work for Trump. He came across to me as very knowledgable and sincere. If I could take a training program from him, I'd sign up in a minute. I will be looking him up!

G

·
You are exactly right Captain, they were teaching Donald's security team how to avoid and escape from a kidnapping/hostage situation.

A certain undisclosed/unnamed group of guys were blindfolded then ducttaped and placed into the trunk of the limo and driven around while being told to "escape" that was the beginning of the lesson and it only got better from there....

The guys at Crucible are very good and you can obtain individual training through their partners at All American Guns in Fairfax, VA (703.352.1922; http://www.allamericanguns.com).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-12-10 19:48 ]</font>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.