Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,

I am looking for feedback on these new training targets. The are made out of some elastic material that lets FMJ ammo pass through them. I am particulary interested in the L-Series targets they make.

If anyone has any experience with them, I would appreciate your opinion on these things.

·
Registered
213 Posts
We use Newbold targets of various sizes extensively in our indoor range. Reactive just like steel plates, but no splash whatsoever.
8" round plate will take as many as 1,000 rounds of FMJ ammo. As bullet passes through the material closes up behind the bullet. .45 bullets leave pin-holes in the elastomer. JHP bullets leave larger holes due to "cookie cutter" effect of cavity.
We make wooden frames to hold the plates at chest height, when struck the plate hinges out of view for instant hit feedback.

·
Registered
515 Posts
We have a couple of their "Hang Tuff" 8" plates. On these, the plate has an integral hanger strap and one mounts it hanging down like a clock pendelum. When hit with pistol bullets, they move enough to clearly indicate that they've been hit. They don't work as rifle plates, as the bullet passes through so quickly that it hardly moves the plate at all.

Rosco

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rosco Benson on 2001-10-15 09:20 ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.