Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IPSC/IDPA Shooters around this neck of the Woods seem to like to shave their front sights &/or open up the rears on the Heinie's of their Glocks used in competition. Have heard everything from .090" to .11" on the front and up to .134" on the rear w/or w/o "recontouring". Also, do you feel the "Orig." Heinie rear is preferable to the newer "SlantPro" for same use? FWIW, My own idea of a good "Combat" sight picture is the amount of "light" found on the sides of the post of a P7M8/13 OEM 3-Dot sight. Comments, thoughts or sage advice? TIA

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pistolero on 2001-05-12 18:25 ]</font>

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmmmm, Is this a deep dark competive secret or........?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Pistolero,

I don't have the experience to answer this question. You might try asking it on a competition board. I would recommend the forums at http://www.brianenos.com/

You will get an answer there for this question.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kyle! Very Nice Site.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I narrowed my front sight to .095 and cut off the outside corners of the rear sight. Seems to work OK for me. Then again, I am used to a .095 front sight. Its fast, but not a bullseye sight picture by any means. Good luck to you.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Tom, Think will start @ .115 or .100 and work my way "down". Olde eyes & tri-focals are accustomed to the Bo-Mars .115 @ least!
Will also try the Heinie's on my M40, Thanks for the info on them too. Very interested in seeing how far you can take the M9.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts