Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a chart that shows the manufacturer/brand for headstamps?
I buy range brass and I'm curious what all the different headstamps are. CBC, MRP, TZZ, etc.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can comment on two of the headstamps -
CBC is made in Mexico and I had problems with bullet setback reloading 45 with this brass. I even tried it again a few weeks ago just to see if I had a "bad" run last fall. Same results, it only took a small amount of pressure to push the bullet in.
TZZ - My shooting partner, whom I am no longer speaking to, and I split an order of 1000 "once fired" TZZ Match brass. We are now the proud owners of 1000 45 brass with crimped primer pockets!! (Sorry CCV I couldn't resist). Apparently all TZZ has crimped primer pockets. Thought you might want to know this before you purchase any.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Houston1944,

You're right about the crimped primer pockets on the TZZ brass. Luckily I only had a few of them. I buy bags of range brass from an indoor range. Never know what headstamps I'll find.

Dave

·
Registered
26 Posts
StuporDave - It sounds like you have no selection on what they sell you. If you have not already seen the "Once Fired Brass" post in this section you can see that "CCV" posted the web site for where he purchased the TZZ we split. I think I remember him telling me that you can specify "mostly Federal" brass in your order.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

You're right about no selection. I just get a big bag that says "45ACP" on it.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.