Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought you all would like to see how nice and well blended
these look on this old gun. Richard re-cut the slide for these and re-blued it. They really work with my old eyes, as does the 2 dot night system, much faster to use in dim light IMO.

Beyond that the Gun always had problems, and I asked Richard if he could address that while in shop. he installed a new trigger that breaks like a Glass Rod, replaced the Hammer, as well as many other parts, the Ejector nows throws the brass in a neat little pile about 5 feet to my right.

He also did some less obvious stuff that I`m greatful for, because the Piece has alot of sentimental value ( and he put up with my adding things to do too :smile:

This sure is not a Heinie Custom Gun, not a semi Custom Gun, nor even his full reliability package, it did however have the hand of the Master upon it.

What it is Now, is a reliabile and highly accurate old 1911, made so by a true Gentleman: Richard Heinie of Quincy Ill.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackjack on 2001-06-05 16:56 ]</font>

·
Registered
628 Posts
Blackjack,

What was the turnaround time for the work he did for you?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Dick, The only way I would vote for you as President would be if you allowed me to be your personal photographer..Those pictures would be worth a fortune to the National Inquirer! I can just see it now,,a new intern every week, and a water bed in the oval office!
Luigi

·
Registered
628 Posts
Dick,

Don't forget to order some kneepads for those interns! :lol:
Wear and tear is pretty rough on the carpet :wink:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Could you tell me what type of trigger is in your Colt?

TIA...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.