Pistol Smith Forum banner

Help ejector question

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  gyp_c2 
#1 ·
I just received a new mil spec from Springfield and I noticed larger than normal space between the ejector and the slide. (not a very good fit at all) This is going to be a custom build and I have never had to replace the ejector before. QUESTION. does anyone know of an oversized ejector that will help fill this gap.

thanks

Kevin

#3 ·
Dane, thanks for the post. I measured the ejector and it is the same size as my other mil-spec. I think it is the raceway on the slide. Do you know of anyone that makes an over size ejector. I believe that this would be an easier fix, or should I send it back to springfield.
Your suggestions are appreciated.

Kevin

#5 ·
This is a problem you have to live with. I have seen variations not only in Springfields, but Colts also. I have seen it in after market slides.
I have one I am currently doing that is the same way and I have checked 3 Slides and they are all the same.
Maybe it is a Monday or Friday Pistol.

#7 ·
I had the same issue arise on a Colt. Just as was said, you just have to live with it. The cost of fixing it is defiately not worth the ever so slight cosmetic benefit.

I was going to make the gun hard chrome. Which would make the black space JUMP out at you. What I did instead was a TR Gunkote lower in black (as well as the ejector, extractor, firing pin stop) and did the slide in hard chrome. I actually fell in love with this bi-tone configuration when I picked up a Colt CCO. In my humble opinion, it is more appealing than black over silver.

Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.