Pistol Smith Forum banner

Help: Glock vs. HK

8K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  10-Ring 
There is another question that needs to be answered before you choose, and that is, "What are gonna do with it?" If you are going to carry it concealed, if you are carrying it as a service weapon, or if you are going to just target shoot matters.
I have fired many handguns in my life, and I own 1 = a H&K-USP-45 full size blued. I like the level of engeneering, I like the fact that there is a safety, I like the way it "points" in MY hand, I like the fact that the mags are metal not plastic, I like the fact that the barrel is supported so well, I like the fact that it can be SA or DA WITH a decocker, etc... So after all of my research that is what I bought. The only thing I would change on the USP is the trigger a little bit. I love most Glock's too, I like thier trigger a little better (not a deal breaker) but I like to have a safety that I can see and flip. I carry concealed, but I am not an officer, so that means I hope to never need it, but if I have to carry it around every day I want to know there is a solid safety. If I were a cop, with a much higher likleyhood of having to pull it I may opt for the streamlined Glock with nothing but a trigger. I must say I do like the recoil of my big 45 much better than the snappy 40 or 9.
So figure out what your intentions with it are and go from there.
FWIW that's my two bits
LionHeart!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.