Pistol Smith Forum banner

Help: Glock vs. HK

8K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  10-Ring 
Well here is my opinion for what it is worth...
I own 2 Glocks in 9mm a 19 and a 26, I also own a HK USP Compact in .40S&W.

If I had to choose between any caliber Glock or HK I would take the HK in a heart beat. I'll tell you why.

HK has over the Glock:
Metal sights (Glocks are plastic I busted the front one on the 26)
Fully supported chamber. Metal mags. Option for single action trigger. Decoker. External saftey. Far superior slide lock. Higher frame strength. More accurate (I just shot a 0.6 inch 5 shot group at 15 yards today, thats out of a barrel just over 3.5inches). Superior ergonomics, it points much better for me (my opinion). The list goes on and on.

Glock has over the HK??? Nothing.

The shooter beside me today at the range had rented a .40 Glock 23 today to review before buying he argued the police all carry them, I explained that is generally because they are a government dept and the Glocks are cheap. I let him shoot my HK USP C in .40 after showing him the 0.6 inch group we then went over the guns comparing the features one at a time. He promptly returned the Glock and told me he was headed for the gun shop. He had been convinced, (the unsupported chamber scared him).

Read the torture and accuracy tests that the US Military subjected the HK SOCOM to.

I carry my HK EVERYWHERE EVERYDAY.
Cocked and locked condition one.
You should too!!

High Speed Low Drag

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.