Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently aquired a HP with a hammer that had been modified. I ran the SN through FNHIPOWER.COM and it appears my HP was made in 1987. The hammer appears to have been a large round style as seen on some Ingles pistols. The lower part of the hammer was trimmed to form a short spur type hammer. I ordered a C&S hammer through Brownells expecting to swap it out easily. But here is the problem. The old hammer appears to have a larger pin hole where the strut attaches. Also the hole is in a different spot on the hammer. I don't want to retain the old hammer as I don't like its looks and the sear notch is huge which creates a long creepy trigger pull. Any suggestions on how to solve this would be appreciated.

Keith

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Hello. I have not run into this problem nor
heard of it and I've changed out some hammers during this time frame.

Hello. Could it be that an Ingles hammer and strut have been used rather than the FN?

If so, I think replacing the strut and getting an FN strut pin might solve the problem.

I've changed out hammers/struts, etc in various HPs since the '70s and have never run
into this.

Best.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stephen A. Camp on 2001-08-19 20:46 ]</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.