Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that might not know Steve, he is a pistolsmith and gun and knife guy at MDLs.

He complained about forum moderation so now he has the chance to get and give the same :grin:

Knowledgable guy about all of this stuff and offered to help Mike.

Please welcome him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-06-15 13:57 ]</font>

·
Registered
372 Posts
I might need some Nomex too:

Steve, glad to see you will be helping here :grin:

·
Registered
205 Posts
On 2001-06-15 18:24, Louis F. Alessi wrote:
Hey Steve, I am the supplier of the nomex suits, so if you send me your size, I'll get one right out to you. Dane of course foots the bill for these, as they are a necessary
item of garb at times for this forum. :grin:
Welcome,
Lou
Hey Lou... you can get a GREAT deal on Surplus Military Issue Nomex AirCrew jumpsuits... They should meet the ForumSpec requirements :grin:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I should have known better than to complain in public... :grin:

Thank you to everyone for the nice welcome.

Here is my take on moderation:

1- Less is more.

2- In the event moderation is required it should be performed by a benevolent dictator.

I have 4 rules:

1- Be nice.
2- Don't write anything you would not in good judgement say in person to an armed individual.
3- Think twice, write once. (I was a carpenter before I was a gunsmith :wink: )
4- Be nice.

Lou, my suit size is 40 regular, I like the short inseam. Can you get me some of those neato nomex gloves? Also, I'll be needing a nomex holster too, I'm not sure even Mad Dog Kydex can stand up to the heat around here. :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve Morrison on 2001-06-15 23:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have to tell you all I have a 1911 with Steve right now, and he has been nothing but fabulous to work with. I am sure I haven't been the easiest to work with, but this guy is doing it right!

I won't get my gun back for another couple of months, but if what I have heard and seen is any indication I will have a constant companion for the rest of my life :wink:.

Give him a call, just don't make his waiting list tooo long, I might want him to do other work in the future! :smile:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.