Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My German made 45c came with only one mag. Not only do I want extra mags but I want to know how to obtain the 12-round pre-ban mag for this gun

G

·
Any properly imported unmarked pre-ban mag is legal to buy and use.

If the mags you find are in doubt I would suggest that you contact either the local ATF office or the local US Customs office.

G

·
The Euro mags he wants are made to fit the full size frame they are not made for the USPc and can be had for the USP45F with a 12rd capacity, they are clear with a black plastic follower and base.

(****Update, I had the chance to look at some clear USP45c Euro mags this evening and the capacity is definitely 8 not 12 rounds although you can load 9 rounds into them.
Also, HK is now offering an extended 14rd USP 45 Expert mag with a 14rd capacity and a slim line baseplate to work in conjunction with the add-on mag well.
As luck would have it these are all post-ban but LE officers can still order them.)

I have seen the USP 45 full size mags list for as much as $150.00 in Gunlist in the past.

I know the capacities seem odd but they are correct in as much the same manner that the euro USP .40 full size mags hold 16rds but the American USP .40 full size mags only hold 13rds and both mags are the same length with the Euro mag cut with a larger base to allow it to work with the .40 Expert and Tactical mag wells.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-11-24 03:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
42 Posts
On 2001-11-22 16:29, hunter44 wrote:
My German made 45c came with only one mag. Not only do I want extra mags but I want to know how to obtain the 12-round pre-ban mag for this gun
[rant]

I hate to be a stickler but there are NO PRE-BAN MAGS for the USP Compacts! Sure there are HI-CAP mags but no PRE-BAN... Those terms are NOT interchangable :smile:

[/rant]

AFAIK any unmarked hi-cap for any USP Compact is considered grey-market... not necessarily saying illegal.

Also - I was not aware that the USP 45C could accommodate 12 rounds... I thought 8 or 10 was max.

·
Registered
59 Posts
A quick look over at HK Germany's web page shows that the USP Compacts hold 13-9mm, 12-40, and 8-45. The standard USP mags hold 15, 13, and 12 respectively. The Expert mags hold 18-9mm and 16 in 40. The Expert mag tubes are longer than the standard USP mags

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scooter on 2001-11-24 02:33 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.